Sunday, March 28, 2010

The gos and gones

First of all, farewell to my New Orleans Hornets this season.

I've got more reasons to be excited about next season, shouldn't I?

I've got a lot to keep me motivated about my Chris Paul and Hornets. 

Am I talking gibberish or not... Or in Chinese, Mars-language...

Back to earth:

When upset is no longer shocking news, the March Madness is showing more madness.

It's a sad story for Kentucky, but it might be a great news for NBA, who is expecting everything from the number-one-draft-to-be kid-John-Wall but his injury before the opening of his rookie season this October/November.

From Sweet Sixteen, to Elite Eight, to Final Four, so many underdogs have come, so many updogs are gone.

Go Duke! Go Michigan St.! Go Butler! Go WV!
So long Kentucky, So long Tennessee. So long Baylor. So long Kansas St.

Two new guys moved me in today's two Elite Eight games: LaceDarius Dunn and the guy who's hot both in game and name: Durrell Summers and his Team Michigan State Spartans!
I love summer! I love Summers even more!!!
I love all the superb names starting with S: Su, Super, Shoot, Spartans and Summer!

If you don't understand my craziness about Summers, you may want to watch today's game featuring Michigan State and Tennessee. If you missed the game replay, hope this and that can help you at least get to know the stellar Summers!

It's Summer time! And it's time to defend for March Madness. To respond NBA snobs, this interesting piece told us that most amaze of NBA originated from NCAA where No.3 Chris Paul (Wake Forest University), No.3 Dwyane Wade (Marquette University), No.3 Brandon Roy (University of Washington), No.4 Chris Webber (University of Michigan), and No.34 Paul Pierce (University of Kansas) were all amazing performers in the March Madness.

Another amazing thing is: their numbers are all about 3 and 4. I love three, I love four more!

Speaking of defense, there are two articles in defense of Google leaving China that I can't wait to share. One is from New York Times and one of my greatest professor at Annenberg, USC, Andrew Lih was interviewed and quoted in the article. The other one is even more thought provoking. It drove me to start realizing that the motive to block all the Western websites is not just out of political censorship, it could be a sugarcoated or pillcoated way to protect the made-in-China websites like Baidu, Tecent. Chinese censorship equals protectionism, meaning Beijing maybe violating its WTO obligations.

Google is not the only word starts with G that has trouble. The golf course, designed by Tiger Woods, is facing trouble as the designer does. Like designer like course.  And the Master's game is coming on April 14 where the troublecoated golfer will make his first appearance after the first affair. (let's hope so)

Picked up a new strategy to break ice with the amazing guys I spot on the basketball court:
-"Excuse me, is your name James?"
-"No, it's ..."
-"Oh, I thought you were LeBron James."
-"Haha..."
-"I'm kidding, just want to say that you're...."
-"#$%%^&^"

No comments:

Post a Comment