Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Saintsgiving, Merry Saintsmas

When I was about to write something for the new post, and it was the day when LeBron announced his one-of-a-kind decision on ESPN.

Til today, I'm still working on this post, and it is the day when LeBron and his co-led Miami Heat is just about to get on track, (get on track, not get back on track).

Though LeBron is never on my favorite-players-of-all-time list, I still respect this guy. Above all, he is one of the few NBAmazings who gave me a  precious gifts and memories. His beautiful smile (yes, beautiful, sincere and one-of-a-kind) in the photo we took together is carved in my mind as well. I've never seen him smile like that. Or maybe just because I've never paid attention to his smile.

They said he is the chosen one, but to me, he's definitely not God's favorite child.
He's been the ROY, MVP, he's been in the Finals, he's accomplished everything and more than everything he should have accomplished as a man of his age. But he never got a chance to taste the ring, or even smell it.

As a typical Pisces, I hate all kinds of stories about betrayal. But I still don't think he betrayed the Cavaliers. If there's anything to do with betrayal in this drama, the Cavaliers betrayed their beloved James at first. A solid marriage is based on appropriate mutual trust, understanding and help. Not overrated trust, or underrated help.

I just wish the son of Akron all the best when he's coming back hometown this Thursday. Why there's no one calling Peyton Manning a betrayer? He's a son of New Orleans, but he played against the Saints in the XLIV Super Bowl. Maybe the only reason is, he lost the game.

Speaking of my favorite city of New Orleans and my favorite teams of the Saints and the Hornets, the two are getting all the balances this season with each other. The Hornets had an unexpectedly terrific start while the Saints experienced an unexpectedly horrific early season. And everything reversed at the turn of November when the Hornets started fumbling while the Saints on their way to dunk. If I can make a wish for Christmas, I just hope the two teams can both make it into playoffs this season because I need to find myself reasons and motivations to follow the NBA and the NFL.

The latest driver of my following the World Cup at least till 2026 is: my country is bidding to host the 2026 World Cup!

I just hope that the bidding team don't bail out shortly after their decision the way Shanxi Zhongyu, the team of Chinese Basketball Assocaition, did to Stephon Marbury.

 If I can make another wish, I hope it's the Saints and the Jets to play in the XLV Super Bowl! Us USC Trojans football team already got punished by both the sanction and the terrible games this season, I think our alums can get all the balances back. Reggie and Sanchez, just like my current favorite Verizon commercial.

I had an amazing Thanksgiving last weekend as we knocked off Cowgirls on Saintsgiving football night and the Jets kept surging. I celebrated a two-day weekend at my aunt's house watching random NBA games with cousin Tom and his pal Ryan. Then the last USC home game Associates Party, bartending with my favorite Bar 2 family with a record 1400 lovely people coming to the party.

The only stain should be the Hornets' losses... All of a sudden, the West is like Spurs and Mavericks while we are in a serious competition against the Lakers which can be called, "tribute to each other: you win I won't lose, you lose you won't win either"...

Gotta back to work. The Clippers are treating me well and I'm thinking about starting a monthly observation post on our beloved Blake Griffin soon.

Go Trojans, beat the Bruins!
Go Saints! Go Hornets! Go New Orleans!

No comments:

Post a Comment