Wednesday, December 8, 2010

All about NEW

Three topics I'm touching today share one same old word: NEW

The New England Patriots used one quarter to destroy one of the defense team of the year, the New York Jets. That's sad.

When everything is looking perfectly on track, the Jets would bring out some drama.

They can trail by two touchdowns near the end of fourth quarter in a game but then came back strong and pulled out within one second their opponents' exciting fire of one yard away from beating the Jets.

They are the Utah Jazz in the NFL, who "completed five straight double-digit come-from-behind victories in one week." (Ben Golliver.). They enjoy offering their opponents yummy cake that is just coming out of the oven and drop the cake on the ground right before their eyes. They always make the opponents feel like you can finally have a bite of the winning taste when all of a sudden it's gone with the wind, blowing from a jet.

So how come the result of the pre-Super Bowl this Monday came out in such a lousy way? It's not that the Jets never made efforts. It's just that they spared no efforts not to help themselves to pull together. Instead, they did a terrific job in helping their the Patriots. That's sadder.

However, it's not like the end of the world. Above all, it's the Patriots they lost. Other than the poor final score, there's nothing to be ashamed of. It's just a huge lesson learned by a young proud apprentice from his elderly experienced Master Shifu.

I have complete faith in the Jets to come back stronger in the Playoffs. Then sadness ends. 



Cam Newton "has had the greatest year in the history of college football" (Lee Corso, ESPN analyst), which I don't disagree. While Cam Newton has no knowledge of his father's illegal dealings and thus is greenlighted to play in the SEC title game by the NCAA, which I can't disagree more.

True, Cam Newton is not Reggie Bush, who's ruled to have full knowledge of his stepfather's improper contacts with agents. But I can't stop thinking about the rumor I heard from my friend that the only reason that Cam Newton was ruled clear, unlike the same-case Reggie Bush, is that he is the money magnet for the NCAA, who are in desperate need of a super star, an unprecedented college guy to help attract attention, lure fans and increase ratings and sponsorships.

Rumor may be fake, but the influence will fade.

The amazing model settler, Cam Newton, has role-modeled all college football players and those potentials that you can have your beloved parents take as much illegal money as possible from as many illegible sources as possible as long as you claim, you swear that you "have no knowledge" of their illegitimate conducts. How smart and how sad!

I'm not just saying it because I am a Trojan, poor victims of their then-SC-pride high-profile star's low-profile acts. I'm saying it because my school has to suffer for our already-gone player by being outcast members of Bowl games while Auburn can feed on the glory of theirs and striding toward the Tostitos BCS National Championship Game.

I have no faith in the NCAA to retreat their previous rule and take sanction against Auburn and Cam Newton. That's not what we Trojans need.

I had thought that we were chosen to become victims and also negative teaching examples for all colleges and universities to take tolls. Sadly, as of today, our sacrifice hasn't worked out the way it's supposed to be working out. I weep for all schools.

A must-read article about the case. Matt Hinton's

Cam Newton will live in NCAA infamy, but he's not Reggie Bush.




"New Orleans doesn't care about the NBA",what a heartbreaking sentence to swallow. But I have to admit. When a pro team in your town was the only team in the National Basketball League that never lost a game since the start of a new season, and yet fewer and fewer fans showed up to witness the amazing performance, it's nobody's fault. But the Hornets have to pay for it.

As a die-hard CP3 fan, I can never imagine the names "New Orleans", "Hornets", "Chris Paul" go separate. I love the city of New Orleans because Chris Paul and his New Orleans Hornets. It is them that made me know my currently favorite team in the world, the New Orleans Saints.

I don't have comments on the NBA's purcahse of the Hornets. I know clearly that this is not the ultimate solution for the competitive team. When every one in the Crescent City is swarming into Superdome to cheer for the Saints and never moving their eyes a little bit farther to the Arena next door where the Hornets play, fans on the other side of the States are thinking about inviting the Hornets to settle down.

I'm thankful for the passion of Seattle's NBA fans. I'm just unable to piece Seattle and Hornets together. It takes time, maybe longer enough for the Hornets to win a championship.

Hope it's not just a dream: if I have enough money, I'll pay everything to help the Hornets stay in New Orleans. Only with one NFL team and one NBA team can a city be called "New Orleans".

I used to love new things. But all the NEW stuff above just broke my heart. I wish there's one day, in the near future, that I can find some NEWs that will help put my heart back together.

NEW YEAR is coming. Let's just hope that is not a year of the above-mentioned NEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment